Saturday, November 16, 2013

BOAT UNDER CONTRACT AND...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD !


16 Nov 2013
Kandahar, Afghanistan




 Dahleen at Farmer's Cay, Exumas - 2006

Well, we have a deal !!!  In principle, anyway.  There are some contingencies, naturally.  It is contingent upon an acceptable survey and upon a visual inspection by me (Greg) in Feb.  Thank you to broker and seller for working this part out !!

The more we hear about the boat, the more we are impressed with it.  The broker says it is in superb condition and that the seller had ordered a $17k set of sails a few months ago that will be included in the deal.  He also just upgraded (replaced) ALL the electronics on the boat….autopilot, wind and speed instruments, 2 chart-plotters, AIS radio, etc., etc.  We are stoked! 

We are trying to not get too excited until after Dahleen has actually seen the boat and the survey is complete.  The survey is set for the 21st and Dahleen will fly up and see the boat and be present for the survey.  We can’t do a sea trial since the boat is hauled (out of the water) for winter storage.  That will be done on my June break. 

Last, but certainly not least, I want to wish my Dad a Happy Birthday.  Wow, 88 years the Lord has given you on this earth.  I can assure you that you haven't wasted them.  You have two adult children who owe you so much........a big thanks for all you have done for us.  I am very fortunate to have had you as my Father, you are a hard-working person of integrity, someone who was always there, raising and teaching me the to live right way.  I hope to have soaked up those some of those traits that you taught so diligently.  I so wish I could be there to celebrate with you. I love you and miss you much.    

Stay tuned, and remember…..you can’t fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office!

No comments:

Post a Comment