Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BACK TO WEST TEXAS


Early-April 2012
Ft. Stockton, TX
Dahleen


Brown Out, West Texas Style


We headed out from Tennessee toward Fort Stockton Texas.  We did get a few things accomplished while we were home…., but just too short of a time to get much done.   I did pack up some items to put on eBay, and took pictures of items I wanted to sell on Craig’s List.

Normally, it’s about 2 ½ day trip for us in the motor home…Greg made the trip in 2 days this time.  We picked up the rental vehicle from the Midland International Airport, Midland, TX, and then we continued to Fort Stockton.  We arrived late that night parked and went to bed.

Next morning Greg went to work and I started working on the descriptions and prices of the items I was planning to put on Ebay.  It took me a couple of days to prepare and complete this task.  I thought, why not email everyone on my contact list the description and price of the things I intended to list on Ebay; maybe some of my friends and relatives would want first shot at the stuff.
 
After sending the emails, within 15 to 20 minutes our stuff was being sold!  I was getting requests through text or email of items that people wanted.   By the end of the day I had posted $3000.00 worth of items and had sold $1000.00...not bad for a couple of day’s work.  Unfortunately, since we are in Texas and our home is in Tennessee those individuals buying our items can not able to pick them up until early May when we return home.  This may not be the best way to do business, but it worked well for us and the parties involved.

We will be in Ft Stockton for a couple of weeks, then on to South Carolina and Greg’s next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment