Sunday, February 19, 2012

CUT SHORT

Greg / bone chilling cold, damp
02/19/2012, Anderson,  SC



                                                                Sampson Cay Marina




Well, our time at home got cut short.  A base manager from Anderson, SC called me and asked if I could work this weekend, so we packed up on Friday and headed out again.  I told Dahleen that I felt like I needed to go back to work to rest.....we have both been working hard around the house from daylight till well past dark (in between Dr appointments).

I worked both Sat and Sun day shifts at the Anderson base and didn't get a flight......the weather was horrible.  I did enjoy the crew that I worked with and want to thank Andrea, the base mgr, for the gift card.  It was an unexpected, but a very thoughtful and pleasant surprise.....you're a jewel.  I hope to get to meet you sometime and thank you again, in person. 

I wouldn't mind coming back to the Anderson base and working a full 7-day hitch or more.  It is a pretty cool place to work, compared to the bases that I have been working at in West Texas.  Don't get me wrong, I love the flight crews that I have been fortunate enough to work with out west, but there is nothing to do and almost no places to eat in Pampa, Seminole, etc.  Anderson had a great Thai resturant that we ate at two of the three nights we were there (Thai and Spice is the name, I think).  We both love Thai food and both nights the food was exceptional, in our opinion.  Then, we ate a great meal at O'Charley's our last night.

We will head out in the morning West Texas bound....this time to Ft. Stockton.  We are looking forward to a different environment after spending almost 3 months in Seminole.     

No comments:

Post a Comment